BONUS: Appreciate your readers



One of the biggest things to remember as we finish this e-conference is to appreciate your readers. It can be so easy if you have a blog-on-the-rise to forget why you have a blog-on-the-rise in the first place. A blogger is just like anyone that has fans - an author, an actor/actress, a musician - we all have to give thanks to those who have supported us on our journey. I am grateful on a daily basis from the amount of support I receive from my readers. It's very overwhelming and something I have never taken for granted... and I never will take for granted. And you shouldn't either! Whether you have 100 readers or 10,000 readers... every single one deserves a thanks from you.

(a drawing of me from a reader for my birthday)



(
a drawing from a reader of elizabeth
)




When Elizabeth and I went to New York Fashion Week last fall, it was so amazing to meet so many of our readers. To have girls know you on the other side of the country (or the world!) is just insane to me. It's so amazing to connect with people who share the same interests and give you as much inspiration as you give them. I've made the most amazing friendships ever for getting back to my readers and learning more about them. I truly feel so blessed with some of the relationships I've gained through blogging.








Tips on how to appreciate your readers:
  • Offer a giveaway (from you, not from a sponsor!) and it doesn't have to be something you buy. Make a mixed CD, knit a scarf, create a picture frame.. whatever!
  • Comment back on meaningful comments you receive!
  • Write back to emails. I know it's hard to keep up on your inbox, but if you receive an amazing email from a reader, always respond! They took the time to write it and it meant a lot to them, so it should mean a lot to you too.
  • Whenever I mail packages to readers, I always try to throw in a little gift or a handwritten thank-you card.
  • Interact with your readers outside of comments area! (Get back to them on Facebook, Twitter!)
  • Say thank you to all of your #FF mentions on Twitter.
  • Treat all readers equally. If a reader of yours has 10,000 followers and another has 1, you shouldn't treat them any differently because of their "status" in blogging. Maybe it just so happens that you are better friends with the "bigger blogger", but you should never treat other readers any differently because of their readership.
  • Take requests and follow through! I'm guilty of not doing this as often as I should, but if a reader requests something, try to live up to it! If you get a request that says "I'd love if you'd remix this dress again!", try to do it!
  • Promote your readers. It's just like in community... do a little feature on them, call them out in a post, make it known that you are listening to your readers!



Readers can turn into amazing friendships! All it takes is some simple interactions and you're well on your way to giving thanks to your readers and creating friends and connections!  xo, Tieka & Elizabeth


Pin It!